Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ever wonder what boiling beer looks like?

No? Well, I'm going to show you anyway...



Why would someone boil beer, you ask?

Remember how I wrote that I would try all the food in the Angelfood box? We try not to waste around here, but I had planned on giving this away. Until my husband saw them.


Bratwurst.

I had never tried it before. And it didn't look appetizing. So I tried it and I think it tastes about as good as it looks.

The verdict here: There are two more links of it in the freezer and that will make two more meals for my husband. He said it was great, would definitely buy it again. Next time I won't boil it in beer before I grill it, I'll stick to water so my kitchen doesn't smell like a brewery.

We also tried the broccoli and pepper combo. There were maybe four crowns of broccoli in the entire bag. It tasted good, but my kids like to eat their "trees", not just the trunks. I would not purchase that again if it was from the grocery store, but I'd eat it again if it came in the package deal.

The girls had leftover grilled chicken for dinner. I was looking at it longingly.

Thou shalt not covet they children's dinner.

1 comment:

Owlhaven said...

I have a bratwurst story for you. A couple years back my son broke his jaw playing baseball and had to get it wired shut for 5 weeks. he was so sick of shakes and eager for meat that he requested a brat, blended in the blender.

yeah.

He swore it was good, but it turned my stomach.


Mary